South Carolina's Aviation CommunityAviation Week
South Carolina Aviation Week is an annual event held in conjunction with Orville Wright’s birthday on August 19, 1871. The week-long celebration promotes aviation through events that highlight airports’ educational and economic impacts throughout the state. SC Aviation Week 2021 is August 15 – 21.
Resources For Your Airport
Celebrate Aviation Week!
Airports planning an Aviation Week event can access resources to simplify the planning process, from the brainstorming stage through agenda planning and media relations.
South Carolina Aviation Week
August 15 – 21, 2021
SC Aviation Week promotes airports and the state’s aviation industry by highlighting the impacts our airports and related businesses have on our economy. Each year, SC Aeronautics Commission and SCAA partner together on this initiative, and Governor Henry McMaster proclaimed August 15-21, 2021, South Carolina Aviation Week.
SCAA identified and interviewed companies that regularly use SC airports for transportation, supply chain and emergency management in times of crisis and beyond. Also included are workforce development institutions. Visit the video library to see how aviation is shaping South Carolina’s economic recovery.
- Donaldson Field/Lockheed Martin/SC Technology and Aviation Center – F-16 Arresting Gear Ribbon Cutting (closed to the public) @ 11:00 a.m.
- Spartanburg Downtown Memorial Airport Ceremonial Signing of S.675 @ 2:30 p.m.
- Fairfield County Airport – 3rd Annual Youth Discovery Flights sponsored by S&S Aviation @ time TBD
- Sumter County Airport – Showcase and South Carolina Avionics Ribbon Cutting @ 9 a.m.
- Beaufort Executive Airport – Open House and Fuel Provider Unveiling @ 10:00 am – 3 pm
- Barnwell Regional Airport – Education Event TBA
- Greenville Downtown Airport – FOD Walk @ time TBA
Thursday, August 12
10 a.m. – 12 p.m. CRAFT Flight Training, Summerville
Charleston Southern University Aeronautics Liftoff & Part 141 Certified Pilot School Ribbon Cutting
Saturday, August 14
10:30 a.m. Rock Hill-York County Airport
2nd Annual Tour de York Aerial Parade
Sunday, August 22
9 a.m. Triple Tree Aerodrome
South Carolina Breakfast Club
Saturday, September 25
10 a.m. – 2 p.m. Anderson Regional Airport New Terminal Building Commemoration
SC AMT of the Year
SCAA and the Aeronautics Commission recognize the hard work that AMT’s put into keeping our skies safe. As a part of Aviation Week, we award the South Carolina AMT of the Year award to a deserving technician. The SCAA AMT of the Year will be awarded during Aviation Week 2021.