The SCAA maintains a calendar of aviation events in South Carolina and nationally.
If you would like to have your event listed on our calendar please email us. Thank you!
- This event has passed.
Runway Safety and the CAE RSAT
March 7, 2020 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm
Presenters: FAASTeam Representative Emerson Smith and Columbia ATC Specialists
Wrong surface operations have led to runway incursions, near misses, surface collisions, and fatal accidents. We will review taxi, takeoff, and landing instructions and procedures and best practices to ensure safe operations. This presentation will be followed by an interactive Columbia Metropolitan Airport Runway Safety Action Team Briefing.
WINGS credit available!
Remember to participate in WINGS – the FAA’s Pilot Proficiency Program. Benefits of WINGS –
- It’s the right thing to do for safety
- It’s makes one a more competent and confident pilot
- It’s easy to get involved and track your progress
- It’s satisfies the flight review requirements for pilots
- It is a lifelong program with no limit on the number of Phases available at each of three levels.
- Pilots can work on all three levels simultaneously
- Many industry training providers and service organizations have activities and syllabi that are pre-approved for WINGS credit
- Metallic WINGS pins are provided to pilots when they earn their first Phase at each level including Sea WINGS
- CFIs that get their clients phased in WINGS can use this as a basis to renew their own CFI certificate
- It may qualify pilots for a discount on their insurance
- CFIs that participate may win a cash prize
Credit Applicability: 1 Credit for WINGS Basic Knowledge Topic 3
WINGS credit is available for this program. If you wish to receive WINGS credit for attending this seminar please create an FAAsafety.gov account. When you pre-register for seminars, you insure that credit is correctly applied to you. A WINGS credit application form will be available during the webinar. The WINGS credit form is what actually gets you WINGS credit for attending the event. For more information on the new WINGS program, click on WINGS Pilot Proficiency Program on the www.faasafety.gov site.
Select Number: SO1397278
Details and registration information: https://www.faasafety.gov/SPANS/event_details.aspx?eid=97278&caller=/SPANS/events/EventList.aspx